Monday, October 26, 2009

President Barack Obama: Quotes about news media


President Barack Obama: Quotes about news media
. Quotes by President Barack Obama about the media:

"The media encourages some of the outliers in behavior because, let's face it, the easiest way to get on television right now is to be really rude." _ Sept. 18


"The media loves to have a conversation about race. I mean, this is catnip to the media." _ Sept. 18


"We also remember and celebrate the journalism that Walter (Cronkite) practiced _ a standard of honesty and integrity and responsibility. It's a standard that's a little bit harder to find today." (Sept. 9)


"It's fine to have a debate back and forth _ he said, she said. Except when somebody else is just not even telling remotely the truth. Then (reporters) should say in your reports, `Oh, and by the way, that's just not true.' But that doesn't happen often enough." (Aug. 20)


"There's been a lot of attention paid to some of the town hall meetings that are going on around the country, especially when tempers flare. TV loves a ruckus. What you haven't seen on TV, and what makes me proud, are the many constructive meetings going on all over the country." _ Aug. 14


"I've got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration." _ June 16, describing Fox News.


"I know that in Washington sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day cable chatter, and be distracted by the petty and the trivial, and everybody is keeping score: Are they up, are they down? One day I'm a genius; one day I'm a bum." (March 25)


"For the broad public at least, I am who the media say I am. I say what they say I say. I become who they say I've become." _ Obama as a U.S. senator in his 2006 book, "The Audacity of Hope."


"All the sound and fury, magnified through the television and the Internet, coarsens the public culture. It makes tempers flare, helps breed distrust. And whether we politicians like to admit it or not, the constant vitriol can wear on the spirit." _ Obama, also in "The Audacity of Hope."

Source: Associated Press

No comments:

Post a Comment